“Don’t you love New York in the fall? If makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address” You’ve Got Mail
I may not be in New York (more’s the pity), but I do love autumn. I love the crisp, chill air, and the changing colours of the leaves — not to mention that the arrival of autumn means that Christmas is around the corner!
Here are some of the things I love most about autumn:
- Autumn leaves: The array of colours as the leaves change and fall, and the satisfaction of hearing the dry leaves crunch under your feet.
- Candles and fairy lights in the house: I pretty much fill my house with candles and fairy lights all year round, but there’s something extra-special about twinkling lights and scented candles at this time of year.
- Staying at home: All the good TV is on at this time of the year, so making the house as cosy as possible ready for evenings on the sofa are at the top of my to-do list (I’m using this one from A Beautiful Mess).
- The clocks go back: Who doesn’t like an extra hour in bed?!
- Christmas is getting closer: As soon as autumn arrives I can’t help but get super excited about Christmas. I love the whole festive season – the planning, the anticipation and all the traditions – the build-up is better than the day itself.
What things do you love most about this time of the year?